How to Pair Garmin Forerunner 920XT with Your Smartphone?
Date Posted:10 November 2015
The Garmin Forerunner 920XT can be connected wireless to your compatible smartphone or mobile device via Bluetooth Smart connectivity. Through the Garmin Connect Mobile app, you can use the following features:
- LiveTrack: Allow friends and family to follow your races and training activities in real time. You can invite followers using email or social media, allowing them to view your live data on a Garmin Connect tracking page.
- Activity Uploads: Automatically sends your activity to Garmin Connect Mobile as soon as you finish recording the activity.
- Workout and courses downloads: Allows you to post an update to your favorite social media website when you upload an activity to Garmin Connect Mobile.
- Notifications: Displays phone notifications and messages on your Forerunner device.
Pairing Forerunner 920XT with a Smartphone
1. Go to https://connect.garmin.com, and download the Garmin Connect Mobile app to your smartphone.
2. Follow the on-screen instructions to create a new account or sign in your existing Garmin Connect account information.
3. Make sure you turn on the Bluetooth feature by selecting button on your Forerunner device > Settings > Bluetooth > Status > On.
4. Bring your smartphone within 10 metres (33 ft.) of your Forerunner device.
5. From the Forerunner device, select > Settings > Bluetooth > Pair Mobile Device.
6. Once your smartphone finds your Forerunner, click Yes.
7. Enter the passkey from your Forerunner on your smartphone, then click Pair.
8. From the Forerunner device, select > Smart Notifications.
9. Choose when you want to see notifications on your Forerunner 920XT.
- Select During Activity, then select Off, Show Calls Only, or Show All.
- Select Not During Activity, then select Off, Show Calls Only, or Show All.
10. When a notification appears on your Forerunner device, select the button to view the entire notification, or the button to dismiss the notification. If necessary, select > Smart Notifications to view all notifications.